Olga Karlovac | Abstract and street photographer an emerging talent from Zagreb, welcomes you to her new London exhibition which follows her inaugeral exhibition at ECAD Gallery in July 2018.
Olga’s images have already been exhibited at exhibitions across Europe, including:
• Dublin - Obscure Street, PhotoIreland festival
• Bucharest - On SPOT and Kulturama galleries
• Italy - Litterature Urbane festival
• Albania - Fier photo festival
• New York - Women Street Photographers, Artspace Gallery
• London - ‘On Rain’ exhibition in Saatchi Gallery
• France - Begirada in St Palai
• London - ‘Before Winter’ Exhibition at ECAD Gallery and Willesden Gallery
• London - ‘Winter Chronicles’ Artist’s Talk at ECAD Gallery
Olga’s self publication (1st edition) photobook ‘Before Winter’ was reviewed for Inspired Eye magazine by former ‘Time’ correspondent and author William Thatcher Dowell, who described it as “a significant achievement”. As well as being on sale at the bookstore in Portugal’s most-visited modern art museum, Museu de Coleção Berardo in Lisbon, it has also been sold online to countries as diverse as USA, UK, Germany, Australia, Thailand, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan. Furthermore, her photos have been featured in numerous magazines, including Austrian title Eye Photo Magazine. An editorial feature is due to be published in STATE/f22 magazine.
Olga’s unique style of urban photography features reflections and images taken through windows, many of them on rainy days. She mainly takes photographs in motion, preferring to use hand movement with slow shutter speeds, leading to her subjects appearing as detached shapes that verge on abstract expressionism
Website: https://www.olga-karlovac-photography.comInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/olga.karlovac/